Look at this picture, what word pair do you see? When you think of the word SALT you might also think of the word PEPPER. The poster is clearly showing a “this and that” relationship.
Let’s have fun with words and follow the steps provided in order to create ideas for a poem.
- View the example provided and draw a T-Chart.
- Using a sheet of paper, label one side of your chart THIS. Label the second side THAT.
- Create your own list of “this and that” phrases such as:
- salt | pepper
- sun | moon
- books | movies
- lame | swagger
Create a poem that uses the following rule:
- The first stanza of your poem will use the first word of your phrase.
- The second stanza of your poem will use the second word word of your phrase.
Categories: The Writer's Nook